Saturday, August 2, 2008

Fire!

This is what we did last yesterday:

  • Went to Mom & Dad's
  • Tenneil called "Fire! Fire! Fire!" - (We are all firebugs.)
  • Mom checks, looks low - close to Tenneil's house, we go look - it's close.
  • Pick up our dinner at Payson's annual Salmon Supper (Super Yummy)
  • Watch fire from moms
  • Move to Tenneil's (really good view)
  • Girls all go to pick Dan up from work
  • Get back just as the Fire Department tells us to evacuate Tenneil's neighborhood.
  • Threw everything we could think of into every possible spot in our few cars,
  • Left - back to Mom & Dad's
  • Spent the rest of the night worried about my sisters house.

A few things I learned:

  • I have a new respect for fire.
  • I really need to make a plan for what will come with us in an evacuation.
  • Our family can move REALLY fast.

(I will post some pictures tomorrow)

1 comments:

Hillary said...

It was a CRAZY day! Maybe we should all make our lists together, because we need one too.