Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Retirement Mom

Tomorrow is Mom's last day on the job after 22+ years of service to the Nebo School District lunch program. She has worked in many kitchens and has made many friends. A lot of the ladies she worked with became almost like an extended family attending weddings, baby showers, and even funerals. I don't know how many of them know this but, we appreciate them being our Mom's friends and the support they have given her over the years.

I appreciate that Mom took a job that allowed her to be home with us as much as she was, it was nice to have the summer break all together. I have lots of memories of heading into the Jr. High kitchen with my friends receiving treats and notes excusing me from class. I sometimes wonder if Mom liked that she could keep a closer watch over us by being at the school.

So as you retire Mom, please know that all the "Thank you for your service" you have received over the past several months isn't just from the district, or the kitchen staff, or your friends it is from us too. We love you and....well now that you're home....do you want to watch the kids?

0 comments: